Monday 15 December 2014

Vox Cinema Premier, Muscat City Centre

I've been fortunate enough to attend two premier showings of movies at Vox Cinema in Muscat. Last week I attended The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, the final movie in The Hobbit Trilogy.
I hadn't seen the previous two movies so spent the two nights before catching up, which is not the easiest of tasks considering the movies are three hours each! I never used like fantasy and then I started watching Game of Thrones and my mind changed. I don't want to give too much away, but the third movie was good and if you are into the series, seeing it on the big screen is a must.

The movie was shown on the “Vox Max” screen, which is the largest available at the cinemas and in in Muscat, and has a Dolby surround sound system, another first in Oman.

I was lucky that the Vox cinema opened soon after I moved to Muscat, so I only know cinemas here to be much like home (with the addition of Arabic and French subtitles, and Bollywood movie listings). I have been told that before Vox opened the cinemas were pretty awful, with small uncalibrated screens.

If you are based in Muscat, I would keep an eye on the Hi FM Facebook and Instagram pages, where they often give away tickets, as well as on the radio shows. The Vox_Oman Instagram account also often does giveaways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin