Tuesday 5 April 2016

Life Lately: The great outdoors

These life lately posts originally started as fillers making up for the gaps I would have because I was busy with other things. Those gaps seem to be getting bigger but, sadly, I can't say I've been doing much with my time.
The biggest adventure of the last couple of months was a two-week holiday in Egypt, I've already started the detailed post, but, in short, it was amazing. Egypt is the only place I can ever say I have wanted to visit so describe it as a dream come true isn't an exaggeration. It wasn't a trip we had been planning, but an invite to a friends wedding gave me the excuse I needed to get my husband to agree to go. We split the holiday between diving, sight-seeing, and the wedding. It was only two weeks, but even if it had been double the time, it wouldn't have been enough to see and do everything. If you have a chance to go, you really should.

As I mentioned in my last post, most of the winter was spent diving or thinking about diving. Just this week I discovered that Oman has two diving clubs, one linked with PDO (and open to PRORC members only) and another, Muscat Divers, based at Marina Bandar Rowdah. The advantage of being part of a dive club, apart from the social aspect, is that it is much cheaper than diving with any of the operators. I'm still waiting for an email back from Muscat Divers and hoping that being part of the club is going to open up a whole new side of diving life.


Finally, our other outdoor activity has been camping. It's one thing that I never thought I would enjoy, anywhere. We went camping twice this winter, both times on the beach, and I loved it. So much so that I am hoping we can fit in another trip before the weather gets too hot. The other option once summer does kick in is to flee to the mountains, but that seems like it would need more planning than just settling down on any patch of dry sand. If you have suggestions for camping spots in the mountains, I would love to hear about them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin